Thursday, April 3, 2008

Alexi...Beckham...Jonesy...Get ready, its the L.A. Galaxy's Home Opener Tonight!



"Gonna be a star some day no matter what they say And when you hear the crowds all callin' and shouting out my name until then, my little friend, I'll be unsatisfied"


Alexi Lalas, Soccer legend and current General Manager of the L.A. Galaxy Soccer Club, stopped by the box today to hype the Galaxy's home opener tonight and talk Futbol...eh Soccer...whatever you want to call it.

This is the second time Alexi has been on since I have been doing the show. He is honestly the nicest dude you will ever meet. A little bit into the show Jonesy started talking about how he saw Alexi play a while back here in L.A. He mentioned how he had the "long hair and the goatee". This intrigued me so while we were on the air I did a little goolge image search on Mr. Lalas. Now, I've never been the biggest soccer fan but I try to follow all sports just because I'm a fan of sports in general. I'm starting to get into soccer/futbol a little more these days just from being around Jonesy so much. In the past the only times I would pay attention to soccer is when the World Cup is happening, because that's just awesome, and when the New England Revolution were playing, because I'm from Boston. Okay, back to the google image search I started on Alexi. I instantly find a picture of him in his "long hair and goatee" days and have to actually hold myself back from blurting out "Oh my god he's THAT GUY?!" I obviously recognized "long hair-goatee Alexi" immediately, it's just that he looks totally different now clean shaven and with the short hair. I guess you could chalk this up as another one of my "Big'Ead is an idiot and knows nothing" moments. I thought it was pretty funny.

I definitely want to go to some Galaxy games this year and try to keep up with the team. I think Alexi is going to do a great job with the team this season and the Beckham madness is very entertaining. The home opener is tonight at the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA at 7:30pm. I think there are still tickets available so try to get down there and check it out. If you hate spending the afternoon on the 405 or are reading this late you can watch it at home like I will be doing on ESPN2. For anything else you want to know about the Galaxy just go to their site HERE.

Tomorrow on the Jury we have the cast from the new movie Sex and Death 101. Tune in at 12 bells!

GO GALAXY!

Thanks for reading!


Begley




No comments: