Monday, March 10, 2008

Next Stop...Austin, TX

I guess this is my first official blog. The last one I posted was kind of a greeting just to let you all know what the hell was going on. I decided I am going to start each blog entry with a quote from a song that we played on the show that day. I know what you all are thinking. The answer is no, you do not get a prize for knowing the answer. Reason being that it is much to easy these days to just copy and paste the quote to a google search. But, If you want to have some good old fashion trivia fun then leave a comment in the comments section with what you think the answer is and I will give a shout to anyone who got it right in the next blog. Here is today's:

"Now my reputation has been one of the fastest men alive So I'm gonna see how good you are when I count to five"


Jonesy hit the road right after the show today to make the two day trek to Austin, TX. For anyone who has been living under rock recently, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday we are doing Jonesy's Jukebox live from SXSW. We already have some awesome special guests lined up for all the days so make sure you tune in! If you are going to SXSW make sure you come by and say hello. We'll be at the Cedar Street Courtyard on 4th st. This is also where our INDIE 1031 showcase will be. For all the info on that go HERE.

I'm pretty pumped for SXSW. I would have loved to drive out there like Jonesy but instead I will be getting up at the ungodly hour of 4am on Wednesday to catch an early morning flight with Party Girl Stacey. I'm convinced the human body is not meant to be awake between the hours of 4am and 8am. I have never been to SXSW or even to Texas at all for that matter. The First thing I am doing when I get there is purchasing a bad-ass cowboy hat. Yes I am going to be "That Guy" who wears a cowboy hat the whole time he's in Texas. You know what, I may even wear it when I get back to L.A.. Jonesy thinks I should dress like this guy:

I think that would be a bit much.

Since Jonesy will probably be waist deep in Arizona by 12 bells tomorrow, we will be having guest host Gabriel Byrne taking over. You know him from one of the greatest movies of all time, The Usual Suspects. I am Keysey Soze. He also has a new show on HBO called "In Treatmeant". Check it out.

We'll talk tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

Cheers!

Begley

No comments: